Friday, May 8, 2009

My wife thinks I should write a cook book

I though after my last post, I might post something a bit more “civil.” so after much clamoring and ball busting here is the secret Lewis family lasagna recipe.

Ingredients.

1 pound of ground hamburger
1 pound of mild Italian sausage
1 bag of mozzarella cheese
1 bag of “pizza” cheese (it’s what it says on the bag)
1 large container of cottage cheese
1 container of parmesan cheese (the powdered shaky outty stuff)
1 box of lasagna noodles
2 jars of spaghetti sauce (whatever kind you wish)
Optional onion
Garlic powder
Italian seasoning
Oregano
A “big ass” pan

Set the oven to 350. Put on a big pot of boiling water and when it’s rolling, throw in the noodles and let them bad boys cook. Brown the hamburger and sausage together while your waters going, then drain and put back into the frying pan. At this point dice your onion and add in a few shakes of each of the spices, put in what you like, I like a lot. Then mix in your sauce and meat into a BIG bowl, like enough to hold a big salad. From here I put boiling water in the sink and fill it with cold water, you’re good when the noodle are about room temperature.

You’re going to need a large pan, about the size of the pan you cook a turkey in. you’re going to either feed 12 people, or have leftovers for eight months depending on your level of popularity. I layer my lasagna like this

Sauce mix
Noodles
Cottage cheese (super scientific measurement: spread around a handful.)
Shredded cheese (spread out enough to cover the surface)
Shaky cheese
Sauce mix
Noodles
Rinse and repeat.

You will probably get three or four layers of noodles deep and you’ll be near the top of the pan. Save lots of shaky parmesan cheese and pizza cheese for the top. Cover the top with the cheeses and throw into the oven. Let it cook at 350 for about 45 minutes.

It be done at the point where you look at and say ”I don think it be done yet, maybe get it mo done fo a bit mo” (for some reason I turn black when I cook, I assume everyone does. Anyways, when it looks almost done, take it out. Leave it on the counter for about 5-10 minutes to cool and settle. Cut and enjoy.


Next recipe: Pot Roast!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!! You posted it!!!!! Thank you! I do think I may need to watch you cook it just once. (Last time I didn't watch so that doesn't count.) :P

And Ryan, just for the record, about the only time I've truly ever seen you "white" was that time involving impromptu karaoke to Journey... still one of my most favorite videos EVER! ;)

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHA! I hope that video haunts him for life. It is SO funny! I die everytime.

Anonymous said...

:)